Pineapple Salsa Duo
- 1 medium pineapple
- 3 medium, ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped finely
- 1 red pepper, chopped finely
- 2 ripe avocados, cut into small pieces, but not mashed
- 1/2 jalepeno, deseeded (unless you like it spicy like thaaaat)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- lime juice of 1/2 lime
- salt to taste
1.) Cut the pineapple evenly in half, lengthwise. Cut the middle of each half into 6-8 pieces, being careful not to cut through the bottom or the sides of the pineapple. Using a spoon, spoon the pineapple out. Cut off the tough core from the pieces and chop the remaining pieces into small chunks.
2.) Split the pineapple in half and place in 2 medium bowls.
3.) To the first bowl, add the chopped tomatoes, red pepper, 1/4 cup of the red onion, jalepeno, cilantro, lime juice and salt to taste.
4.) To the second bowl, add the avocado, 1/4 cup of the red onion, cilantro, lime juice and salt to taste.
5.) Lightly mix both bowls until the ingredients are just incorporated.
6.) Pour each salsa into a pineapple half and enjoy!