Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup flour (whole wheat or gluten free)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup flax
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 c mashed banana (2 large bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease 2 baking sheets
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt, flax, walnuts and chocolate chips.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas so they are a smooth texture. Next, to the banana mixture, add vanilla, coconut oil, brown sugar and milk and stir until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture slowly and lightly stir until the cookie dough has formed. (Try not to over-mix or tough cookies may develop).
- Use 1/8 cup (2 Tbsps) to scoop cookie dough out and drop on the baking sheets in rounds.
- Use your fingers or the back of a spoon to flatten the balls into a cookie shape.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven for 20 minutes.