Serves: 4 (1 peach each)
Yield: about 1/2 cup blueberry bourbon basil sauce
- 4 peaches
- About 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil or spray coconut oil
- Your favorite ice cream (I used vanilla Coconut Bliss)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries
- 2 Tbsp confectioners or powdered sugar
- 1 Tsbp bourbon whiskey
- 1 tsp cornstarch + 1 tsp water
- Heat your grill to medium heat. If you are using a charcoal grill, wait until the fire has died down to medium or low heat. Note: you can also use the broiler of your oven.
- Slice peaches in half and remove the pits. Brush or spray with melted coconut oil.
- On the grill, place peaches cut side down for about 2 minutes until grill marks have formed. Flip over and continue cooking for 6-7 minutes until tender. If using a broiler, line a baking tray with the peaches and broil for about 5 minutes on each side until tender.
- In a food processor or blender, add basil, blueberries, sugar and bourbon. Blend until completely smooth.
- In a separate small bowl, combine cornstarch and water to make a smooth paste. Add this to the blueberry sauce and pulse a few more times in the blender. If you would like your sauce to be thicker, add 1 tsp cornstarch + 1 tsp water mixture at a time until the sauce gets to the desired thickness. (I found that refrigerating my sauce helped thicken it as well!)
- Scoop a dollop of ice cream on top of your peaches and drizzle with the blueberry sauce. Enjoy!